Monday 20 September 2010

what day is it?

Am I alone in not knowing what day of the week it is?  What a long and tiring past few days but I think we all enjoyed the Messiah experience and actually feel rather proud of the good job we did on the piece!  Like all of us, I enjoyed the gallon of beer consumed in the Pink Bar afterwards.  Luke had sourced a lovely Indian restaurant which took a bit of finding but worth it.  Well you can't live on raw fish for the whole visit!  A large party went to Andy's for dinner on the recommendation of the Ballet company and had a lovely time.  Lots of shopping done by all and god knows how many Kimonos George has bought by now!  When is he going to wear them!!!  Hope Virgin and BA are going to be lenient with the luggage weight on the way home.  Some of us made a return visit to the Onsen spa last night and took Steffi with us and it was good to see her relax and get away from the rather stressful evening she had last night.  A late night at the Karaoke bar again for some, I gather.  I do hope someone managed to video Renato's performance there the other night as we won't be letting him away with anything!!! I had my first decent cup of coffee yesterday in a tiny cafe in Yanaka.  The owner roasts his own beans (ouch!) and I had coffee from Yemen which was really delicious and left not a trace of nasty aftertaste.  Quite expensive at 850 Yen but as the ROH was paying it didn't matter.  Am busy drafting my letter requesting that we get a per diem throughout the year.  Feel sure it will be met with a positive response!  Must dash to the shops now. X

No comments:

Post a Comment